Wednesday, June 9, 2010

DAY 1 ...The MOVE


So Kyle and I had these great delusions of how we would wake up early, get the trailer, load it all with the help of some great friends, and everything would fit perfectly. We would hit the road at 2:00 pm and get passed LA before the major traffic would hit... here's the thing about reality. It's a bitch. So it took 2 hours to get the trailer, (geniuses at the Moreno Valley U-haul put the wrong hitch on), It took us twice as long to load that trailer, and not everything fit. Kyle kept joking "well I guess we don't have room for Dante." to which I would reply, "He can sit on my lap" I was joking at the time, but as the van filled, little by little, I realized it was no longer a joke. So off we go 1000 miles in an overloaded mini-van pulling an overloaded trailer 70 pound dog in my lap or curled up were my feet should go...this is going to be FUN!
We left at 7:00 pm after wishing Dad & Kris a fond farewell. (Kris felt funny so she put Mr. Winklebottom on her head) and we headed off after sharing our last California Taco Shop dinner for a long time. We made it all the way to Bakersfield before Kyle decided to rest for the night. Dante, Jesus, and I thought that was an excellent idea. and we set our Magellan for the Best Western. I have to admit, this is the nicest Best Western I have ever stayed at. Granite counter-tops, refrigerator, 7 pillows on the bed, crown molding and CLEAN! Not that we would have cared after a day like that. We are so happy and excited to be on our way! We miss our family and loved ones dearly but we know...we have started out on a great adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment